1. Compile a flight plan on rocketroute.com, save and Export.
2. Select AvMap format and Save the file to a known location on your PC.
3. Connect the EKP V to you PC and execute the AvMap Suite (it should start automatically when the device is recognized).
4. Click Explore Device. This window allows transferring personal data between the EKP V and your PC. Select Flight Plan from the list on the right.
5. Click Add and then select in your PC the flight plan file exported from RocketRoute.
6. Select the flight plans from the list on your right and Click Import to EKP. The imported flight plans will be listed in the left column.
7. Disconnect the EKP V and wait for the software to start. Open the EKP V FP page to find the Flight Plans.
For more info http://www.rocketroute.com/support
> Download the Procedure
EKP V can be connected to the PC through USB cable, and data can be improted through the AvMap Suite Desktop application.
Read How to install and set the AvMap Suite , Connect the EKP V to the PC and open the Suite
How to Transfer contents from EKP V to PC and viceversa
You can explore the contents of your EKP V such as flight plans, User Marks and recorded tracks and save them in your PC in order to share them with friends. You can also add contents from your PC to the EKP V.
1. Click on the Explore Device button. The left column lists the content of your EKP V, while the right column shows the items saved in your PC
2. Click on the links on the left to display the desired contents of the EKP V (User marks, Tracks, Flight plans)
3. Save them on your PC clicking on “Export to PC” button. The Suite will create:
• A unique GPX file for all your saved User marks
• A GPX and KMZ file for each saved track
• A GPX and FDX file for each saved Flight plan
The files will be created inside the C:\Documents and Settings\[PC_username]\Documents\EKP V\ folder. You can choose a different destination folder in the Settings menu, in the “Destination Folders” page.
This content can be imported in another EKP V. You can also add contents (User marks, Tracks, Flight plans) from your PC to your EKP V:
1. Click the “Explore Device” button: a window will open up showing the contents of your PC
2. Click the “Add” button to browse other folders in your PC
3. Choose the file to transfer (GPX file with contacts, GPX or KMZ file with Tracks or XML and FDX files with Flight Plans)
4. Click the “Import to EKP” button to transfer the file in your EKP
How to Import or export Flight Plans
AvMap suite allows to export/import your flight plans to/from the PC so that you can view them on Google Earth or many other Flight Planning software, and share them with friends. The supported formats are .gpx (Google Earth) and .fdx (Seattle Avionics Voyager).
How to export a flight plan:
1. Click on the Explore Device button, and click on the Flight Plan link on the left. In the left column you can find the flight plans saved on your EKP V, while in the right column you can find contents saved in your PC
2. Select a Flight plan. You can select all the flight plans by clicking on the checked box below the left window, or deselect all by clicking the unchecked box below the left window
3. Click the ‘Export to Pc’ button, you will see two the files appearing in the right column: the flight plan will be saved both in .fdx and in .gpx format to your PC. You can select all the flight plans by clicking on the checked box below the left window (deselect all by clicking the unchecked box below the left window).
How to import a flight plan:
1. Vice versa, to import a flight plan from the PC to the EKP V select the .gpx or .fdx file from the right column. You can select all the flight plans by clicking on the checked box below the right window, or deselect all by clicking the unchecked box below the left window
2. Click the ‘Import to Pc’ button and you will see the file appearing in the left column. The Flight plan will be imported to your EKP V and will be immediately available in the FP page of the unit.
The cartography for AvMap aeronautical products includes information from several sources and data providers: NAVTEQ, Jeppesen, Seattle Avionics. For more info visit the Aeronautical Maps page
It is possible to update each set of data separately: Jeppesen, Terrestrial Background or Street maps by downloading them directly from the AvMap Suite.
1. First read How to install and open the Suite
2. How to update maps with the AvMap Suite:
The Suite is able to detect whether your map is up-to-date or if a newer version is available. When a new version is available, a message will appear in the left part of the Suite main menu. You can buy the map only if you are logged in (otherwise the Map update button is disabled):
1. Click on the Map Update button: the Management page is divided into two parts: the left column shows the maps present in the navigator, while the right column shows the purchased maps (downloaded in the PC). For each map it is displayed Name, version and a status light: if the map us still up-to-date the light is green, if the map is obsolete the light is red, and a “Purchase update” link appears.
2. To update the map with the latest available version, click on “Purchase update” , the new available map will be displayed
3. Click on Download.
4. The Shopping Cart page opens up: choose the payment method (Credit Card or PayPal). Remember that map updates must be purchased separately from other items (navigators, accessories, etc.). Click on the “Checkout” button to continue
5. The Shipping Address page opens up: fill the form in order to receive a regular invoice, then click on “Send Order” button
6. The Payment page opens up: you have to fill in your credit card or PayPal data, in order to finalize the purchase
7. Proceed and click on “Download Map”
If a download is not completed because of an interruption of the connection, you will find the purchased map in the Map page of the Suite, and you will be able to download it again.
Loading the new map on your EKP V:
Click on the Map button in the Suite to open the Map Management page.To load the new map:
1. In the left column, click on the Backup button next to the obsolete map (to save a safety backup)
2. After the back up, the “Delete” button will appear next to each map. Click on “Delete” to free space on your SD card. This way the map will be deleted from the navigator memory card, but it will be saved on your PC, so it will be always possible to use it again.
3. In the right column click on the button “Install” next to the newly downloaded map. When the process is complete, the new map should be displayed also in the left column of the page (content of your navigator).
ATTENTION: when buying an update, more than one file could be downloaded; in that case it is very important to install all the files for the correct functioning of the navigator.
At the end of the procedure all the new files should be displayed also in the left column of the Map management page.
In order to update your EKP V Software, get the AvMap Suite! The AvMap Suite is a PC application that helps you keeping your EKP V up-to-date, managing maps and sharing contents.
AvMap releases periodically free software updates for its navigators. Keeping your EKP V Software up-to-date is important for a safer and better navigation experience.
How to install AvMap Suite
1. Download the AvMap Suite User Manual
2. Download AvMap Suite on your PC and install it following the manual instructions (this opertaoin is necessary only the first time).
3. Disconnect the EKP V from the power supply.
4. Connect the EKP V the PC through USB.
5. Wait for the device recognition: when the operating system of your PC recognizes the navigator as a mass
storage device (a splash screen showing the USB icon appears on the navigator’s display),
6. Follow the Suite Manual the instructions to set the AvMap Suite and make your first EKP V Software Update.
How to Update The Software
The AvMap Suite informs you each time a new software version for your navigator is available
1. Click on “Install” button to install the software in your device
2. At the end of the installing process, please follow the procedure that appears on the screen to reset the Operative System.:
3. Locate the reset hole in the lower part of the navigator
4. Insert a pointy object in the hole
5. Release the Reset hole
After the software has been updated, restart the Suite.
Connect your Geosat to the PC periodically, to keep it up-to-date!
AvMap Suite for EKP V is not compatible with Linux, but is compatible with Windows (minimum requirement Windows ME) and Mac OSX too (minimum requirement Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard 2009 )
Register your product in order to download for free desktop suite, user manuals, tools, and software updates and to get Customer Support.
AvMap navigators are guaranteed for 2 years after the purchase date.
Not a customer? Subscribe to the AvMap newsletter and receive updates about new products and special promotions.